Junior Finance Manager
Junior Finance Manager
Junior Finance Manager (Part Qualified) | Fast-Growth Technology Start Up | London | £37,000-£40,000
Harmonic are proud to be working with one of London's most exciting Medical Device start-ups. This company have recently received regulatory approval for their ground-breaking technology and are about to close a multi-million Series B fundraise that will enable the business to officially launch their product which will be purchased by health companies for the benefit of their patients. This product launch is one of many going through development within the brand.
The culture is incredibly fast paced, entrepreneurial, and highly collaborative. The business has attracted high-calibre academic talent from some of the world's leading universities who see their product as a true game changer within the Health industry.
As part of their growth plans, the business is looking to source a highly ambitious, analytical and quick-thinking Junior Finance Manager who will have the opportunity to lead the Finance function and work very closely with the CEO on commercial matters. In the long-term you will be developed to become a strong and highly capable Finance leader within the Start-Up space.
(With the support of the Founder/CEO) the Junior Finance Manager will work to bring the operational Finances in-house, manage day to day finances and provide key financial reports, metrics and analytics to the CEO and Board to support investment and product launch activities.
The company are not looking for the "finished article" but instead someone with the right mindset and ambition to learn and grow into this role.
Core Duties include:
* The management of bookkeeping, invoicing, payroll and supplier payments.
* Build out and development of month-end and production of management accounts.
* The production of financial reports for the CEO and board members.
* R&D Tax returns
* Support with extensive process improvement and system implementation of Xero
* Extensive ad-hoc projects to support the commercial expansion of the business.
* Start to develop cost metrics, cash flow forecasting, KPI analysis and P&L commentary
* Excited by fast paced environments and Start-Ups
* Prior ownership of day-to-day finance (invoicing)
* Exposure to month end and management accounting
* Excellent Communication Skills
* Real desire to build and automate processes.
* Prior experience within an SME or Start-Up.
* Part Qualified (ACCA or CIMA)
* Experience with FP&A/financial modelling within a Start-Up environment
* Experience using Xero
* Ambitions to progress quickly to Finance Manager
Start Date: ASAP