Head of Finance | Fast Growing Vegan Food Start-Up | London


Head of Finance | Fast Growing Vegan Food Start-Up | London

  • Type:
  • Where:
  • Salary
    £70000.00 — £80000.00
    Per annum + + Bonus
  • Industry:
  • Doing what:

    Head of Finance | Fast Growing Plant Based Vegan Food Start-Up | London

    Harmonic Finance are delighted to be working on a retained basis with one of Europe's fastest growing plant based vegan food start-ups. Having launched less than 18 months ago the business is already on track to deliver £12m Turnover in 2021 with plans to reach £25m in 2022 and over £50m in 2023.

    With a Series A fundraise due to close in the coming days they are raising circa £5m to drive their continued expansion. This includes continued growth in the US market and entry into European markets. There are also some exciting product development projects in the pipeline.

    The business has developed an incredibly strong brand centred around Health & Wellness which is particularly powerful with younger generations. Amazingly for an FMCG business with an e-commerce slant circa 80% of their sales are direct to consumer via their own site. This is with virtually no spend on Marketing which is an exciting indicator of the potential growth when the Series A closes. They plan to maintain this level with the remaining 20% coming via wholesale having signed a number of lucrative contracts with some of the UK's largest supermarkets and Health & Wellness sites.

    The business is based in one of London's most architecturally beautiful spaces on the doorstep of one of the cities 'coolest' areas. The team has grown from 5 to 25 in the last 6 months and is set to double. Culturally they have a team that are passionate and proud of the shift towards Plant Based healthy and sustainable alternatives and are motivated by not only the massive growth potential but also the positive impact their product and brand can have on society.

    The Role:

    The Head of Finance will work closely with the CEO and Founder (one of the UK's most impressive young entrepreneurs) and play an integral role in scaling the business.

    Working closely with the leadership it offers fantastic commercial exposure owning the build out and development of FP&A, long term strategic planning and investor relations. As this is a start-up, the Finance function is currently outsourced. The Head of Finance will have the opportunity to bring this in house building all financial reporting processes and systems from the ground up. It is very much a blank slate and a chance to shape things in the way you see fit.

    As the business continues to grow the CEO is keen for the Head of Finance to progress quickly to Finance Director and CFO as you build a team.


    * Bring the month-end and management accounting process in-house and own the production and completion of these tasks (some of the day-to-day might well remain outsourced if you wish)
    * Establish forecasting and budgeting processes across the business
    * Build improved financial modelling to support decision making
    * Build out and continuously improve financial analysis looking at particular product lines and geographical regions (establishing detailed FP&A)
    * Produce and present Board Packs with insightful analysis to improve decision making
    * Build relationships with Sales, marketing and Product teams establishing KPI analysis
    * Improve stock and inventory reporting
    * Implement robust financial controls and prepare the business for the first audit
    * Own the production of statutory accounts (IFRS)
    * Support the business as they expand into new markets ensuring tax compliance and the setup of regional entities
    * Support on future fundraising rounds (producing Investor decks)
    * Extensive ad-hoc projects to drive growth


    * Excellent communication skills
    * Qualified Accountant (ACA. CIMA. ACCA)
    * Commercially Astute and excited to help shape the strategic expansion of a business
    * Experience building and improving processes
    * Broad commercial and technical skill set


    * Previous experience in FMCG, e-commerce, food & beverage, fashion, retail sectors
    * Worked in a fast growth start-up or scale-up (any sector including Tech)
    * Has a passion for plant-based products and healthy, sustainable living

    Location: London & Home

    Salary: £70,000 - £80,000 + 15% Bonus (opportunity for share options as they are in the process of establishing an options pool)

    If this role is of interest, please apply online or get in touch on

    Due to the high volume of applications we are receiving, if you have not heard back from us, please assume your application was unfortunately unsuccessful on this occasion.

    Please feel free to circulate this with any friends or contacts that may be interested.

    Follow us on Twitter: @HarmonicGroupHQ

    Apply for this role