CFO | VC Backed SaaS Start Up
CFO | VC Backed SaaS Start Up
CFO | VC backed SaaS Scale up | Boston / Remote
Harmonic are proud to be working with one of Boston's fastest growth Software Start-Ups (SaaS). They are backed by a selection of the most respected VC funds and have successfully closed a significant Series B raise of $35m.
Turnover is on track to grow at 300% in 2021 having jumped from $3m to $10m in 2020. The investment is earmarked to support with a period of significant expansion into international markets and the launch of new product lines. There is also scope for M&A activity.
This business is based in one of the liveliest areas of central Boston and is known for a non-corporate, incredibly fast-paced, yet supportive culture. They pride themselves on hiring the best and brightest and have a passionate team that is laser focused on scaling Boston's next big SaaS success story.
This role is integral to scaling the business and achieving some ambitious figures. The VP of Finance work closely with the CEO and Founder to shape the strategic direction of the business. Initially this will involve the build out of improved financial reporting metrics, KPI's and an FP&A function to improve insight and decision making.
Investor reporting and Investor relations will also be central to this role as you present to the VC/ Board Members and will require raising subsequent funding at Series C and onwards as they move towards Exit.
* Partner the CEO and drive international expansion strategy supporting product launches and market entry
* Develop a world class forecasting and planning function (FP&A)
* Build and improve financial models to support expansion and future funding rounds
* Build relationships with, and partner with the wider leadership team to bring improved financial rigor to decision making processes and projects
* Ownership of the presentation of Board Packs and Investor Information
* Build and manage a Financial Control function to deliver on ownership of the day-to-day Accounting, Statutory Reporting, Tax Compliance and Audit
* Develop and maintain automated reporting systems continuously improving and implementing new software
* Build, train and mentor a strong finance team
* Regular liaison with PE and VC network
* Creating budgets for sales, marketing and operations
* Lead on potential M&A projects
* Extensive ad-hoc projects
What you need:
* Experience leading the Financial Strategy in a scaling Tech business
* SaaS experience
* Passionate about start-ups
* Excellent communicator
* Strong VC/PE network
* Previous experience of fundraising
* Expert in financial analysis, financial modelling and rolling out financial metrics
* Strategic thinker with excellent communication skills
What we'd like to see:
* Experience working in a start-up / scaling SME (SaaS preferred)
Salary: $220,000 - $250,000 + Bonus + Generous Equity + Benefits Package
Location: Boston, MA
Start date: ASAP
Additional: Please note this role is initially remote but will require 2-3 days in the office post Covid
Please get in touch with Chris on for more information.
Please feel free to share this with any friends or colleagues that may be interested.