Financial Controller | Fast Growth Food Start- Up | London
We are pleased to be working with an innovative, food scale-up revolutionising their market place. The company offers a fast-paced environment where finances plays a key strategic role and the right person will have a seat at the table in all major company decisions.
Having raised substantial investment across several fundraising rounds, they are growing fast (circa 66% in the past year) and expect velocity to steadily increase over the coming 3-5 years. The Financial Controller is the first in house Senior finance hire and will be integral to the continued expansion.
Much of this growth is International with the business trading in 3 continents (UK, USA and Australia) and the right candidate will have the ability to adapt to rapidly changing situations and global opportunities.
This role will provide new challenges as it continues to scale quickly and will rely on your ability to balance your financial rigour with up-to-date market insight and creativity. The business structure is very flat and broadly collaborative. You will be asked your opinion and be setting strategy on a very diverse range of activities. There will be occasions where 'the right way' is not yet clear and you will have to argue your position on which way you believe we should go.
This is no place for a shrinking violet but the role offers an exciting opportunity to have real impact on building out the finance function in terms of both process and quality - and a real impact on the success of this start-up.
The business is keen to find someone who is fun, committed, intelligent and above-all determined to play a part in the growth of a dynamic business.
The Financial Controller is key to the growth of the business and is responsible for insourcing finance, building processes and partnering closely with the Founders.
* Responsible for building out the finance function within the business
* Responsibility for driving Forecasting and Planning at both global AND local levels
* Implementation of a Budgeting cycle (global and local)
* Redesign Forecasting and MI production to provide more in-depth analysis of complex Sales Data
* Oversee and manage the production of Monthly Management account
* Lead the production of Investor reporting
* Build Financial Reporting tools to report on stock and inventory
* Work closely with the Founders on negotiating with suppliers etc
* Work with External Advisors providing support on complex International Tax and Transfer Pricing issues
* Liaise with HMRC and ensure the business is compliant with International Sales Tax
* In source the Finance function and take responsibility for producing Statutory Accounts (IFRS and UK GAAP)
* Experience in a scale-up or start-up
* Experience working with large volume of complex Data
* FMCG/ Food/ Product/ Manufacturing experience
* Experience with International Operations
* Excellent communicator
* Ability to engage with Senior stakeholders
* Enthusiastic, highly motivated and ambitious
* Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
* £70,000 - £80,000 + very attractive share options
* Start Date ASAP (can wait for someone with 3 months' notice)
Please get in touch at or give me a call on 0203 773 3530.
Please feel free to circulate this with any friends or contacts that may be interested.