Financial Controller | Electric Vehicle (EV) Start-Up | London
Harmonic are excited to be working on an exclusive basis with an incredibly innovative Electric Vehicle start-up that has developed a compact EV perfect for getting around in busy city locations. The technology is aimed at drivers living in the new Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ).
They are forecasting revenue growth of 300% for 2020 off the back of a strong end to 2019 and have invested heavily in their finance function! After their second round of investment they are looking for a Financial Controller to join the team and help take the business to the next step!
The business is looking to rapidly progress through series A and B funding in the next 1-2 years and is therefore looking to bring on ambitious, skilled staff to help them achieve this goal.
They work in a vibrant office in north London and have an amazingly diverse team emanating from their relaxed, non-corporate company culture. The leadership team is equally impressive and helps to promote a dynamic, collaborative environment.
The Financial Controller will work directly with the CFO who has a strong finance background qualifying in the Big 4 and after spending a number of years in FS, has more recently moved into scaling tech start-ups. The Controller is responsible for overseeing the entire Finance function and is a broad role covering commercial analysis, business partnering, day-to-day Finance and financial reporting. As the business scales this position should progress quickly into Head of Finance.
* Responsibility for the production of monthly management accounts
* Management of the monthly close and group consolidation process
* Develop and implement forecasting, planning and budgeting processes (FP&A)
* Improve the financial models to support expansion
* Finance business partner to sales team, project and tech teams and the leadership team
* Production of investor reporting
* Improve and implement robust financial controls
* Improve and streamline the month-end process
* Continuous process improvement and system implementation to support the business as it grows
* Extensive ad-hoc projects alongside the leadership team
* Build a team as the business scales
What we need to see (essential):
* ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified
* Excellent communication and organisational skills
* Strong technical skills
* Competent leadership skills
* Commercially astute
* Ambitious and passionate about being part of a start-up/scale-up
What we'd like to see (bonus):
* Experience working in the automotive/engineering/electronics industry
* Experience in a product or manufacturing business
* Knowledge of Xero
Salary: £60,000 - £75,000 + bonus + share options
Start date: ASAP
Please get in touch with Jack on 0203 773 3530 for further information.
Please feel free to share this with friends of colleagues that may be in interested.
Follow us on Twitter: @HarmonicGroupHQ