Financial Accountant | FTSE 250 Bank | London
Harmonic are working on behalf of a fast-growing FTSE 250 Bank who are investing heavily in restructuring their Finance function. The business has a fantastic reputation for being 'different' to other major banks. They are well known for their non-corporate, down to earth culture which supports people both from a career and personal perspective.
This is an opportunity to join the company as a newly qualified accountant and progress your career quickly having a lot of impact on processes and systems. The business has a brilliant reputation for developing talent and the ideal path is to progress into a Financial Controller role in the mid-term.
The Financial Accountant is responsible for supporting the Financial Controller with reporting of financial performance under IFRS. There is also an extensive business Partnering element working with stakeholders across bank wide divisions and supporting major projects.
* Preparation of monthly Management Accounts providing commentary on performance covering P&L and Balance Sheet
* Production of monthly, quarterly and year end reporting (IFRS)
* Work closely with FP&A teams and Project teams to support with the production of accurate reports
* Extensive process improvement and process automation work
* Business Partner with Finance & Non-Finance stakeholders
* Assist with queries from Auditors
* Management of VAT Reporting
What you need (essential)
* ACA, ACCA or CIMA (Newly Qualified)
* Audit experience
* Excellent Communication & stakeholder engagement skills
* Very intelligent and able to work in a changing environment
* Good IT skills
* Finance Systems/ process improvement experience
* Excellent communication skills
Additional Skills (bonus)
* SAP experience
* Financial Services Experience
Salary: Competitive base salary + 10-15% Bonus + 10% Pension
Start date: ASAP
Please feel free to circulate this with any friends or contacts that may be interested.
Email: Phone: 0203 7733530