Finance Assistant | VC Backed Start-Up | London
We are pleased to be working with an innovative start-up building an Online Marketplace to 'disrupt' their industry. With an experienced Founder & CEO who has successfully exited a previous Online Marketplace they are very well funded (backed by two major UK Venture Capital funds) and ready for a rapid phase of expansion.
They have just moved into their own office space and encourage a culture of transparency and impact. They have a young and sociable team who like to have a good time, but this is most definitely a fast- paced environment and not a 9-5 to role given the growth the company is experiencing.
The Finance Assistant works closely with the Finance Director and is responsible for driving the set-up of processes in Finance while gaining excellent commercial exposure. In the short term the business will be bringing the Management Accounting function in-house, so this is a chance to support the CFO and then ultimately own Management Accounting with a clear route of progression to Finance Manager.
* Invoicing and purchase ledger
* Payroll and staff expenses
* Assisting the Finance Director with ad-hoc duties such as tax and month-end processes
* Liaising with clients and sales team to onboard new clients
* Providing ad-hoc support with the bookkeeping
* Involvement with the implementation of new processes
* Ad-hoc duties
* Minimum 1-year experience as a Finance Assistant or Accounts Payable
* Keen to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
* Well organised and excellent communicator
* Willingness to learn
Additional Experience (not required):
* Worked in a start-up
* Up to ££27,000 + Study Support
* Start Date ASAP
Please get in touch at or give me a call on 0203 773 3530.
Please feel free to circulate this with any friends or contacts that may be interested.
Follow us on Twitter: @HarmonicGroupHQ