CFO - Advertising SaaS
CFO - Advertising SaaS
Chief Financial Officer - Advertising SaaS - London
Harmonic are delighted to be searching for an exceptional CFO to lead the finance function of a fast growth Ad-Tech business based in London, and to help drive the business to the next stage of development.
Their revenue and headcount is growing rapidly (2-3X in the next 12-18 months) and with this, the requirements on finance will become more complex and of increasing operational and strategic importance. We are looking for candidates who can assist with leading the evolution and growth of the Finance department to provide 'best in class' commercial insight, BAU operational finance and financial controls.
This role will be joining the leadership team and you will have direct input upon strategic decisions and the day- to-day operations of the company in addition to more standard accounting and finance duties. A keen intellect and a commercial outlook is therefore a must. Culturally the team are non-corporate, creative and good fun, they enjoy regular socials and outside of working events which makes it key for this person to be great with people both at leadership at more junior levels.
* The ability to identify (and implement) the key metrics which underpin a world-class SaaS model scale-up company.
* A willingness to get hands-on with both balance sheet and commercial accounting. You will be ably supported by a talented team but in the short-term will retain numerous operational finance duties.
* The ability to build world-class finance structures and controls.
* The capability to create and present jargon-free, digestible and insightful Board updates.
* The experience of working cross-functionally with multiple departments, including supporting our Founders with partnership and deal negotiation and execution.
* A knowledge of funding options and working capital management and reporting.
* An understanding of internationalisation and the company structure required to achieve that.
* A passion for effective (but pragmatic) cost management.
* Full understanding of key financial controls and how to implement them.
* A solid understanding of cap table structures and associated legal terminology and requirements.
* The ability to work smart in a fast-paced, highly skilled environment.
* An ability to see the big picture from a finance perspective and enable the organisation to make focussed and effective decisions without the need to revert to "finance jargon".
The experience we'd like you to have
* You've run Finance functions previously in small-mid sized businesses in fast-growing Tech, Creative or digital start-up business environments. Ideally as CFO or Finance Director.
* You are passionate about making Finance approachable and outward-facing.
* You've raised capital before - or been a big part of the process of raising it - ideally Series A or above.
* You have a good understanding within Digital-focussed- ideally SaaS-businesses. And understand the key KPIs which drive high performance and enterprise value.
* You have some experience of accounting for international structures (ideally USA).
* You have run elements of business operations e.g. HR, legal & compliance
* You have transaction experience
- £120,000 - £140,000 + share options
The business work with a remote/office based split, you can expect to be in the office between 2/3 days a week.
Please get in touch at
Please feel free to circulate this with any friends or contacts that may be interested.