Community Analyst- Graduate - Business Development
Community Analyst- Graduate - Business Development
Business Development - Community Analyst
Harmonic get great people and great organisations to work in tune together. And following a bumper start to 2017, we're looking for three talented people to help us expand our reach into exciting new markets.
As one of our first intake of Community Analysts for September '17, the position offers you the opportunity to shape the future direction of one of London's most exciting start-ups. And to do this while working in one of the coolest, most creative workplaces in Camden Town, London.
Combining business development, networking, research, marketing and commercial negotiations, Harmonic Community Analysts will be taken through a broad education in recruitment business development which offers unrivalled career progression.
Harmonic supply accounting and finance professionals who enable our clients to be brilliant. Focussing on filling roles ranging from Chief Financial Officers through to Royalties Accountants, we work with some of the most exciting organisations in Europe, ranging from ground-breaking technology start-ups, through to major fashion labels.
Led by Charlie Walker, the youngest-ever recipient of the prestigious Recruitment International 'Entrepreneur of the Year Award', Harmonic is our founder's second business (having built his first to a £30 million turnover operation aged just 24 back in 2008). He and his co-founder Fin Glanvill are passionate about operating working cultures where values underpin everything. And where colleagues are rewarded for what they have contributed to the growth of the business. Their intention is for the senior management team of 2021 to be 90% comprised of former Community Analysts.
Community Analyst is the first rung on the Harmonic career development programme. The position is a broad introduction to recruitment and staffing, which focusses upon the development of business development skills (80% phone, 10% meetings, 10% marketing and events) and the building of a trusted community of candidates within a niche marketplace. Daily and weekly targets will be used during your training so if you don't thrive in a competitive environment (albeit a super-friendly one!), then this probably isn't the role for you. We expect successful candidates to make promotion to Senior Community Analyst between their fifth and eight months in the job.
* Build a niche candidate community via phone and face-to-face business development
* Source information or 'leads' on urgent hiring opportunities for Harmonic to fill
* Source candidates for live Harmonic vacancies
* Take responsibility for the quality of the Harmonic CRM data
* Manage and monitor social media channels
* Write and co-ordinate the design of bespoke marketing materials for your marketplace
* Create original content specific to your market for the Harmonic website
Work Environment and our Values
Let's make no bones about it: we expect high standards. Harmonic Group is going places. And quickly. You should therefore expect to work long hours when needed, and not be too phased by the prospect of competition. However, while we expect our colleagues to apply themselves, we also pride ourselves on being model employers. Our working environment is supportive and empathetic, with advice and coaching on hand when needed outside of our regular review process. Above all, our three core values: Knowledge, Respect and Community aren't just there for PR purposes, they underpin everything we do internally as a business, as well as externally.
And although we're fans of great British tailoring, we only pull out the suits and formal dress for client meetings and parties. It's important to us that you're able to work comfortably and express your own personality. In keeping with this, our offices are based out of Interchange, Camden- voted London's most vibrant workspace no less- where we work alongside some of Europe's most exciting creative and technology businesses. As an Interchange member, you will gain regular access to talks by entrepreneurs ranging from the founder of Boiler Room through to the CEO of Barclays. We even have our own magazine. And dogs!
What we'll need to see throughout the recruitment process (essential)
* Fantastic verbal and written communication skills
* Good educational background
* A competitive spirit
* An appreciation and sharing of our values
* Strong, lateral thinking processes
* Previous paid work experience (can be part-time or between terms)
What we would like to see (non-essential)
* Some prior business development/sales exp
Package & Benefits
* Basic salary of £22,000 (rising to £23,000 following probationary period)
* Uncapped commission scheme (realistic first year earnings=32-36k, second year earnings= 55-75k)
* 1 x company weekend away (paid for by Harmonic!)
* 1 x individually-targetted weekend away (New York or similar)
* Weekly Yoga, Pilates, HIIT Circuit Training
* Discounted food and drink in Camden Lock and Stables Market (up to 30%)